Legal Disclosure

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Introductions

Professional Reader


Hello readers! (or at least I am assuming you are a reader if you have found this blog anyways)

I would like to introduce myself a little bit for those that may be interested. I am in my thirties, married, with two children which just makes me a normal everyday person. The interesting part of my life is that I work at my local public library as a library assistant in both the Circulation and Children's departments meaning I am surrounded by books on a daily basis. This is a great place for me to be employed because reading is pretty much my life though I admit that it is sometimes difficult to stop myself from trying to bring them all home at once.

My relationship with reading started when I was in kindergarten. I had a hearing problem that no one was aware of (including myself go figure) which made me fall behind in my learning. I quickly became me frustrated as the other kids seemed to pick it all up so easy while I continued to struggle with the simple steps. My first grade teacher found the problem, and a small surgery was able to fix my hearing issues. After the issue was resolved my teacher worked with me individually until I was caught up to my classmates, and then I worked on my own to surpass them. By third grade I was tackling Nancy Drew, and my love of  reading just continued to grow after that.

By this point in my life I read for enjoyment. I find it relaxing while providing an escape from everyday life. I read all different types of genres which includes but is not limited to: adult fiction, romance, mystery, young adult, new adult, children's fiction, children's easy books (remember I do work in the kids room), fantasy (which may be my favorite), and more. I will admit that I do not read a lot of nonfiction, but everyone has a weak point somewhere. This year alone I have managed to read 350 different books with the smallest being only 32 pages and the largest over 800 so I figured why not start reviewing the many books that I read anyways? Others may be able to use the information to help them to decide whether they want to read it or maybe they could just find a new author all together. Who knows it may be fun as well. I am looking forward to finding out along the way....

1 comment:

  1. You are the perfect person to start a blog! Can't wait to read your reviews!

    ReplyDelete