Character Interview –
Ava Martinez—Co-owner of Cast Iron Creations
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself--both something we learn from [the story] and something that readers might not guess? I’d say when people read the books, that they believe Jolie Tucker is the protagonist and possibly saner than I am. None of that is true.
2) How did you first meet your writer? Well, she says I’m a mix of all of her girlfriends, but I believe I am WAY cooler and Lord knows more beautiful than all of them put together! Also, I’m not too thrilled with the writer as she saw fit to make Jolie the protagonist of the series—this writer seems to be a bit of a dim bulb.
3) Want to dish about him/her? Uh, duh! Of course, she’s got medusa type curls and there are times when she’s writing that she gets stuck and runs her hands through her hair and pulls out. I mean, the hair is wild enough without the pulling of the curls. She has eight cats that are always in her business when she writes and that may be part of her insanity if I had to guess. She’s smartening up a bit though, she had Jolie and I take a self-defense course in this upcoming book because we kept getting the crap beat out of us. Also, I’ll be working on becoming a PI in the future books—why? Oh, because I’m awesome at it!
4) Why do you think that your life has ended up being in a book? Because I’m awesome, babeeee!!!!!
5) Who's your favorite character? Why? I have to stick with my series—even though the writer isn’t as loyal to me as I am her—Grandma Opal is a fave of mine in the series—she’s a hoot and a half and a holler!
6) Who's your least favorite character? Why? Bradley—my girlfriend’s brother, who was in love with me, now, at times has it out for me and his sister. Such a jerk at times!
7) What's next for you? Ava Martinez P.I.
About Turkey Basted to Death
Cozy Mystery 2.5 in the Series - A Holiday Book
MYS ED LLC (November 15, 2019)
Number of Pages 133 pages
Digital ASIN: B07WRJXBLX
Thanksgiving is here, and Jolie Tucker has had quite the year! She is ready to sit back and relax with family and friends. But this is Leavensport, OH—so get ready for intense therapy sessions, dysfunctional family holiday gatherings, uninvited guests, and an inner-city teen advocate found DEAD—stabbed in the ear with the turkey baster!Welcome to Leavensport, OH, where DEATH takes a DELICIOUS turn!
*I received a free copy of this book which I voluntarily chose to write an honest review for.
This book was so fun! Joliet is gearing up for Thanksgiving by cooking lots of different types of cast iron turkey recipes. The who!e town will be eating together at The community center. Things are going well until the mayor drops a whole added group of at risk teens on them. Julie tries her best to get along with it all but this tries her her as when on the big day they find the group leader with the turkey baster shoved in her head. Investors this lead to some interesting investigating. Puts in the holiday mood as all of the chaos ensues just like it does at home. Perfect for fans of culinary cozies. I really liked it so I give it 4/5 stars.
About the Author
Moving into her second decade working in education, Jodi Rath has decided to begin a life of crime in her The Cast Iron Skillet Mystery Series. Her passion for both mysteries and education led her to combine the two to create her business MYS ED, where she splits her time between working as an adjunct for Ohio teachers and creating mischief in her fictional writing. She currently resides in a small, cozy village in Ohio with her husband and her seven cats.
Author Links:Webpage: https://www.jodirath.com/
FB Author Page: Author Jodi Rath
- Monthly Newsletter Link: http://eepurl.com/dIfXdb Get Short Story “Sweet Retreat” for free by subscribing to my monthly newsletter. Subscribe to my newsletter to receive free flash fiction, A Mystery a Month, serial scenes from series, and deleted scenes).
Purchase Links -
TOUR PARTICIPANTSNovember 14 – Elizabeth McKenna - Author – SPOTLIGHT
November 14 – Literary Gold – SPOTLIGHT, GIVEAWAY
November 15 – The Pulp and Mystery Shelf – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
November 15 – Books a Plenty Book Reviews – REVIEW. CHARACTER INTERVIEW
November 16 – I Read What You Write – REVIEW, GUEST POST
November 17 – My Reading Journeys – SPOTLIGHT
November 18 – Read Your Writes Book Reviews – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
November 19 – A Wytch's Book Review Blog – CHARACTER INTERVIEW
November 19 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – REVIEW, AUTHOR INTERVIEW
November 20 – FUONLYKNEW – SPOTLIGHT
November 20 – Hearts & Scribbles – SPOTLIGHT
November 21 – Mystery Thrillers and Romantic Suspense Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
November 22 – fundinmental – RECIPE
November 23 – Laura's Interests – REVIEW
November 24 – Baroness' Book Trove – REVIEW
November 25 – Celticlady's Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
November 25 – StoreyBook Reviews – REVIEW
November 26 – Cozy Up With Kathy – CHARACTER GUEST POST
November 26 – Diane Reviews Books - REVIEW, GIVEAWAY
November 27 – eBook Addicts – REVIEW
November 27 – Brooke Blogs - SPOTLIGHT
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?