Character Name: Holly Price
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself--both something we learn from Calling for the Money and something that readers might not guess? I work in the financial industry, specifically with corporate transactions—usually mergers or acquisitions—that have to be kept secret, so talking about myself feels weird. You’ll find out a bit about both the financial and personal things that can come up during a merger in the story—let’s see how that house of cards plays out.
Something you might not know is I’m scared of spiders. And I hate spider-webs. But oh my, right now, my biggest fear is either falling in love with JC Dimitrak again or someone shooting me.
2) How did you first meet your writer? That crazy woman was hiking beside the Snake River with her husband. I don’t know what they were thinking—aren’t there trails for hiking? Anyway, they ended up in this tangle of bushes and the next thing I know, she’s grinning over her shoulder, saying, “Wouldn’t this be a great place to find a body?”
Fortunately, her husband laughed, but all I can say is mystery writers have dark and scary minds.
3) Want to dish about him/her? I might’ve mentioned already that Cathy has one of those twisty mystery minds, so I mostly let her run the book side of things. She got sidetracked by starting a new series about my half-sister, Keri. Okay, so Keri’s book won a big award, but I really need her to get my next book written!
4) Why do you think that your life has ended up being in a book? Apparently, after the hiking incident, Cathy wanted something a little different for the first book in the series, So About the Money. I was pretty happy to reunite with my old boyfriend, in spite of both the strange way I ended up back in my hometown and meeting JC (again) over a friend’s body. (Note, I don’t recommend this. The body thing. Not the reuniting thing. Verbal sparring with JC turned out to be fun.)
Now, I do what I can to make her smile and her readers either laugh or turn pages fast to make sure I work my way of trouble.
5) Who's your favorite character? Why? Usually it’s JC Dimitrak, Franklin County detective and okay, I admit it, love of my life. Of course, there are also those times when I’m ready to kill him, if you can say that around a detective.
6) Who's your least favorite character? Why? I’m not quite ready to forgive my dad for walking out on my mom. Then there are all the unrealistic demands he keeps making. Selfish much?What's next for you? I can’t say too much about what I keep whispering in Cathy’s ear. I don’t want to spoil this story for readers. I’ll just keep poking her to write faster.
About Calling for the Money
Cozy Mystery 5th in Series
Publisher: Red Mountain Publishing (June 25, 2020)
Number of Pages ~280
Holly Price has it all—or does she? Holly finally has the dream job at the top of her field, the money and prestige she’s worked so hard to attain. But when a friend disappears while Holly is working a make-or-break career assignment, she’s drawn into another criminal investigation. A ruthless con ring will stop at nothing to extort its victims and her friends are directly in their cross-hairs. While she's searching for her missing friend, behind the scenes she’s wrestling with a backstabbing boss, a hurtful family situation, and the devastating worry she’s made a massive life choices mistake. When the gangsters target Holly, however, facing certain death has a way of making her reevaluate her life. Now Holly must confront her painful past in order to redefine her future...and hope she lives long enough to see it.
About Cathy Perkins
- Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCathyPerkins
- Twitter @cperkinswrites https://twitter.com/cperkinswrites
- BookBub – follow me! https://www.bookbub.com/profile/cathy-perkins
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/cathyperkinswrites/
- Amazon Author page http://www.amazon.com/Cathy-Perkins/e/B006K0IKUQ
- Website https://cperkinswrites.com
Purchase Link - Amazon
TOUR PARTICIPANTSJuly 8 – I'm All About Books – SPOTLIGHT
July 8 – The Pulp and Mystery Shelf – SPOTLIGHT
July 9 – Author Elena Taylor's Blog – REVIEW, CHARACTER INTERVIEW
July 10 – Baroness' Book Trove – REVIEW
July 11 – Literary Gold – SPOTLIGHT
July 12 – Books a Plenty Book Reviews – CHARACTER INTERVIEW
July 13 – StoreyBook Reviews – GUEST POST
July 14 – Mysteries with Character – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
July 14 – Celticlady's Reviews – SPOTLIGHT, INDIVIDUAL GIVEAWAY
July 15 – Brooke Blogs – GUEST POST
July 16 – Christy's Cozy Corners – AUTHOR INTERVIEW, INDIVIDUAL GIVEAWAY
July 17 – MJB Reviewers - SPOTLIGHT
July 18 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – SPOTLIGHT
July 19 – eBook Addicts – REVIEW
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host? Click Here Find Details and Sign Up Today!