Character Name: Irma
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself--both something we learn from [the story] and something that readers might not guess? I’m dead and I was a hooker in my prior lifetime.
2) How did you first meet your writer? She bought the vintage camper I haunt.
3) Want to dish about him/her? No. She had to put up with me and that’s enough.
4) Why do you think that your life has ended up being in a book? I’m in purgatory and doing my best to make it to heaven. Saint Peter has put me on a program where my good deeds count for extra credit. Solving murders goes a long way.
5) Who's your favorite character? Why? Mabel – she was handed a twist to her life at a time she thought she’d be spending time with grandchildren and baking. She’s tough and out on the road with me.6) What's next for you? Making it to heaven and meeting my sister Betsy who waits for me at the gates.
About Wheeler- Dealer
Solving a murder might raise her spirits. But will it spring her spectral friend from Purgatory?
Mabel Gold still isn’t sure what happened. Traded by her husband for a busty bimbo the same age as their youngest daughter, the feisty sixty-something rejects the retirement community and heads west in a vintage camper. But the RV comes complete with a ghost who needs a good deed to get into Heaven, and cracking open a homicide at their first stop in Savannah could give them both a new lease on life.
Determined to dig up the dirt on the dead wheeler-dealer, Mabel and her phantom companion tackle the crime. But with two rich dudes from Dubai, a Willie Nelson lookalike mobster, and a widow nicknamed The Barracuda all on the suspect list, conjuring up the truth could take a real live miracle.
Can Mabel catch the killer before she’s the next soul crashing the Pearly Gates?
Wheeler-Dealer is the high-spirited first book in the hilarious Ghost & the Camper kooky mystery series. If you like golden-girl sleuths, zany characters, and sardonic humor, then you’ll love Rita Moreau’s witty whodunit.REVIEW
*I received a free copy of this book which I voluntarily chose to write an honest review for.
Are you looking for a cozy with an older FMC? Look no further. We meet Irma who is recently divorced with five grown children. She relocated to Florida where she bought a camper that she plans to use to go on summer adventures with friends. Little did she know that the camper came with a ghost named Irma. This takes some getting used to but she looks forward to having a companion either way. Their first stop on their trip takes a change when they run across a murder. To help Irma out they investigate leading to all sorts of situations that will keep you hooked as the story plays. Makes for a fun cozy that fans of the genre are sure to enjoy. I really liked it so I give it 4/5 stars.
About Rita Moreau
Rita Moreau is the author of the Mary Catherine Mahoney Mystery series and the Ghost & Camper Kooky Mystery series.
A workaholic by nature, upon retirement, Rita Moreau began work on her bucket list, writing a book. Traveling the national parks with her husband George in a vintage Bluebird motor home, (on George’s list), Rita completed her first novel Bribing Saint Anthony. Back home she completed Nuns! Psychics! & Gypsies! OH! NO, Feisty Nuns and The Russian & Aunt Sophia and The House on Xenia. Last year when we entered the Twilight Zone Rita wrote the first two new novels in the Ghost & the Camper series. Rita and her husband live in a postcard called Florida where he has fun telling everyone he is the author’s husband. When not writing she joins PatZi Gil on the Joy on Paper radio program with Book Buzz Mysteries, or you can find her teaching SilverSneakers fitness classes and doing her best to keep busy. She loves connecting with readers. Visit her at www.RitaMoreau.com or find her on Facebook at facebook.com/RitaMoreauAuthor. She would love to hear from you.