Legal Disclosure

Monday, May 15, 2017

Caraval by Stephanie Garber

Caraval (Caraval, #1)
goodreads.com


Scarlett has grown up sheltered on an island hearing stories of a magical performance known as Caraval that occurs once a year where if you win as your dreams can come true. Shortly before her arranged marriage is to occur she actually receives tickets to attend though her sister has to trick her to get her there. Once there she is told to remember that everything is a performance and she should not believe what she is told. Of course this does not stop her at all and the whirlwind that follows is quite interesting to say the least. I felt there was quite a bit of room for improvement though because the premise leaves the door open for all kinds of things that could happen yet none seem to be delivered. I felt mildly disappointed as I read the book and felt that it was drawn out a little much in different spots when it shouldn't have been. I can only give 3/5 stars because I wanted to like it so much more than I actually did.

No comments:

Post a Comment