Legal Disclosure

Monday, October 23, 2017

Pane and Suffering by Cheryl Hollon


Pane and Suffering (A Webb's Glass Shop Mystery, #1)

Book one in the Webb's Glass Shop Mystery series. This is a wonderful start to a new series. Savannah has to return home after her father dies and she is all set to sell his class shop to his partner until she finds him dead as well. Two heart attacks that close together in healthy people raises her suspicions especially when the cops refuse to take her seriously sending a highly incompetent officer to take her statements (he is so lazy it adds a layer of comedy to the story line I must admit). What follows is an awesome mix of mystery, glass making, and personal touches that really creates a moving cozy mystery that kept me hooked until the last page. I especially enjoyed the character with Asperger syndrome that was included with his really cute therapy dog. The addition of this detail shows that authors wish to create a cast that include all the possibilities that can be found in the real world which I really enjoyed. The glass making details really showcases the authors knowledge and I feel a little more knowledgeable now. I highly recommend this to fans of cozy mystery and since I enjoyed it so much it gets 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment