Legal Disclosure

Thursday, October 26, 2017

The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye


The Crown's Fate (The Crown's Game, #2)

Book two in the Crown's Game series. I wanted to like this book a whole more than I actually did. The premise is solid set in Russia where there is an Imperial Enchanter even though magic is hidden form the world. Vika got the job after defeating Nikolai in the last book though he is not really dead at all. What follows is a long convoluted story of him going a little crazy walking the bad side while Vika tries to save him. There is an awful lot of whining going on (as well as a wonky love triangle that made me want to smack someone) and they seemed to keep repeating the same statements over and over again. I really liked the insight in the Russian culture though and the world building is awesome though not enough to make up for the rest. I still liked it so I can give it 3/5 stars but I really wish it flowed a little smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment