Legal Disclosure

Friday, October 13, 2017

Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts


Royal Bastards (Royal Bastards, #1)

Book one in the new Royal Bastards series. Welcome to world where all the higher ups seem to have bastard children. Some are raised like the regular kids and others are treated awful as one normally expects. The main character is Tilla the daughter of the King of the west though all the kingdoms are under one main kind whether they like it or not. The princess to the big King comes for a visit and things go really really wrong as a group of kids sneaks out witnessing stuff they should not have. Now the group has to run for their lives while trying to figure out who they can trust and what is really going on. This book is just full of action and suspense as events move from one thing to another. As we get towards the end all I could think is OMG that did not just happen (though obviously it did). The end was a complete surprise and I admit that I am now hooked and looking forward to the next installment to see what happens next. The book is very well written with characters that I quickly got interested in rooting for them to survive until the very end (though I admit I wanted to smack Miles a time or two). This is an excellent YA fantasy novel that I highly recommend to fans of that genre. I really enjoyed it so it gets 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment