Legal Disclosure

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Flipped for Murder by Maddie Day


Flipped For Murder (Country Store Mysteries)

Book one in the Country Store Mysteries series. What a great start to a new series. The location got me right away as it is set in French Lick, Indiana and I live in Indiana. I loved the little Hoosier mannerisms that were worked in throughout as they really made my day plus it made me feel like an insider for a change. :)  Robbie moves to this small town and decides to open a country store called Pans 'n Pancakes which is just the cutest little name. The store is well planned out and central to the story with lots of quirky details and character worked into the place. At their grand opening the mayors assistant is found dead with one of Robbie's signature biscuits stuffed in her mouth making Robbie the main suspect. Not trusting the cops she starts investigating in a rambling comical way that never the less produces results when it is all said and done. This book is just full of wonderful writing, strong characters, and a moving story that will really keep the reader hooked until they hit the very last page. If you are a fan of cozy mysteries that have a culinary tone to them you have got to try this book. I really enjoyed it so I give it 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment