Legal Disclosure

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Reining in Murder by Leigh Hearon


 Reining in Murder (A Carson Stables Mystery #1)

Book one in the Carson Stables Mystery series. If you love horses you have to try this book as they are featured front and center. I personally love them so this was right up my alley. Annie is a horse trainer and also the person emergency crews call if they have a horse involved. She rescues a thoroughbred from a rollover accident and takes him own while they find out who owns him. The horse ends up being sick and as Annie tries to treat him his owner turns out to be a local rich woman with an attitude. Forcing her to move the horse too early Annie takes it home only to find the dead body of the cranky woman so instead she takes it back to her place. Having questions about the horse Annie ends up asking questions and investigating what happened until she finds herself in danger. I enjoyed the premise of this series but admit that some parts of the story move kind-of slow which was driving me a little wonky though I did learn quite a bit about caring for a horse as well as the health issues they can have. The overall story was good though so I can still give it 3/5 stars though I wish it could have been higher. Still a good cozy though and I am interested enough to move to the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment