Legal Disclosure

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Fixin' to Die by Tonya Kappes


Fixin' to Die (Kenni Lowry #1)

Book one in the Kenni Lowry series. I have read so many cozy mysteries lately that I think I forgot what it was like to read a regular mystery novel with an actual cop that has legal status so this was a nice change of pace for me. Kenni is the sheriff for the small town of Cottonwood, Kentucky. She was elected after her Poppa had a heart attack leaving the position open though her parents do not approve so they are estranged. Things were going great with pretty much no crime until a murder happens. Kenni panics because she has no clue what to do, and starts hearing a voice in her head helping her with the investigation. Just as she thinks she is losing it the ghost of her Poppa shows up so now she really thinks she is crazy. She is able to solve the case though with the help of Poppa once she goes with the flow. I really liked the mix of suspense, supernatural, and normal. This is a must read for fans of mystery that are not overly gory with a strong female character. I really enjoyed it so it gets 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment