Legal Disclosure

Monday, September 11, 2017

Love & Death in Burgundy by Susan C. Shea


Love & Death in Burgundy

I wanted to like this book a whole lot more than I did. It takes place near a small town in France which seems to be quite populated with arrogant outsiders. The Americans in the story were especially hard to deal with and I found myself cringing at the message it was conveying about them though I have to admit that it was not that far off. Besides that there is a whole group of characters that I just could not get into no matter how I tried. I found this frustrating because there is usually at least one that I like. On top of that the mix of languages was giving me a headache and the development moved like molasses. While I can totally agree that this book is probably quite enjoyable to those with different taste then me I did not care for it so it only gets 2/5 stars which I hate to give any book.

No comments:

Post a Comment