Legal Disclosure

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis


Given to the Sea (Given Duet, #1)

Book one in the Given duet which I assume means tow books only though I guess we will see. Meet Khosa who is the newest descendant of a trio of women that were taken and then saved by the sea making it necessary for them to be sacrifices after they give birth to there replacement. Khosa was raised by a group whose sole purpose it to make her ready for what she must do. This would drive me crazy to have to live like this. Next we get to meet the Prince who will take over the throne after his father though this is supposed to be quite some time in the future. There are also a set of twins that just happen to be the last two people alive from their race which was quite powerful I must admit. This group collides when Khosa is driven from her home running until she finds sanctuary at the palace after the Prince saves her from going to the sea early. The changing time line for them leads to quite a bit of drama, action, suspense, and plenty of magic. Essentially there is a civil war brewing which will have the effect of changing the world as the main characters know it. This is an excellent world with some incredible details. The characters are easy to get attached to and I found myself rooting for Khosa to be able to have a life. I really recommend this book for fans of YA fantasy novels. I really enjoyed it so it gets 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment