Legal Disclosure

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

To Brew or Not to Brew by Joyce Tremel


To Brew or Not to Brew (Brewing Trouble, #1)

Book one in the Brewing Trouble series. Meet Max O'Hara as she attempts to open her own brewpub in Pittsburgh in a building the previous belonged to a very large brewery that burned down years before. In the few short weeks before she is set to open vandalism stars to occur though small and minor at first it quickly escalates all the way to murder when the best friend/chef is murdered. As the daughter of a detective Max finds she cannot help but investigate. While doing that she hires her brothers best friend to be her new chef but the catch is that she has had a crush on him since she was a teenager which leads to some tension off and on after work. As the investigation heats up so does the romance until they both finally come to head. I will admit that I would have preferred a little more development on the romance angle but I can live with it how it is if I have to though I am interested to see what happens in book two. The murder was quite good though keeping me hooked until the grand reveal later on. Overall the writing in this is great with lots of brewing details worked in so I highly recommend it to fans of cozy mysteries. I really enjoyed it so it gets 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment