Legal Disclosure

Monday, August 14, 2017

The Best Kind of Magic by Crystal Cesari


The Best Kind of Magic (Windy City Magic, #1)

Book one in the Windy City Magic series. I wanted to like this book a lot more than I actually did. We get to meet Amber who is the youngest member of the Sands family that has housed some powerful witches over the years. The only problem is that Amber is a matchmaker only which seems to be a lot lower of the hierarchy of magic making her a disappointment to her powerful family members. This also gives her a huge whiny superiority complex that drove me a little crazy throughout the book. When the mayor's fiance  comes up missing his son asks Amber for help thinking her powers are more than they are. This does not stop her from investigating and she finds herself in danger along the way. I liked the mystery part of the story as it was right up my alley with supernatural bad guys and more. My issue was as I stated earlier...her constant whining which made me want to smack her a few times. Still good writing though and if you enjoy YA fantasy books that are different plus a little slower than this book may be for you. I gave it 3/5 stars on Goodreads but I really felt it was a little closer to 2.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment