Legal Disclosure

Thursday, August 24, 2017

The Unlikely Lady by Valerie Bowman


The Unlikely Lady (Playful Brides, #3)

Book three in the Playful Brides series. This book had me cracking up. We finally get the love story of Jane and Garrett who have bickered there way through books one and two. I wondered if they secreted had a thing for each other and I was right in a way it just needed some development which was helped along by the house party for Cass's wedding that they both had to attend. Things heat up when there is a masquerade ball where the two end up kissing for quite some time before they realize who the other is. This has the effect of removing the blinders from their eyes and when others show their interest (a conniving widow for instance who makes me want to slap her I must admit). The dialogue between the two is witty and addicting. The chemistry was great and I really enjoyed seeing these two gravitate towards one another as I always thought they should. Great fro fans of historical romance. I give it 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment