Legal Disclosure

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare


The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)

Book one in the new Girl Meets Duke series and it is incredible!! I loved each and every minute of it and am looking forward to reading it again soon. The Duke of Ashbury returned from the war with burns down one half of his body which he believes  makes him a monster that no one could love. His own fiance turns him down when she sees him finding him repulsive. When the wedding gets cancelled the dressmaker, Emma, desperately needs paid so she confronts the Duke. Impressed by her ability to look directly at him he proposes an arranged marriage where she can do what she wants during the day but the nights are his so can hide his scars. Being in a financial bind she agrees which leads to one of the funniest marriages ever as they try to blend their two lives. There is a hilarious cat scene, and quite a few other blunders which had me rolling on the floor laughing. The verbal interactions are quite witty making me love the characters that much more rooting for their romance to make it. Overall this is one of the best historical romance novels that I have read in quite some time. Dare is very quickly becoming one of my new favorite romance authors. I give it 5/5 stars because I absolutely loved every single page.

No comments:

Post a Comment