Legal Disclosure

Friday, July 21, 2017

Digging Up the Dirt by Miranda James


Digging Up the Dirt (Southern Ladies Mystery, #3)

Book three in the Southern Ladies Mystery series. For this installment the sisters are excited because an old friend is coming back to town after being gone for over forty years. He was a playboy flirt way back when and all the women just loved him. This created competition both then and now which leads to some interesting events to say the least. Shortly after his arrival he rejoins the Garden Club board which stirs things up for the ladies. Before his first night back is through one of them is found dead, and after a horrible storm in the area Peanut digs up some old bones next to a tree that fell over. There are more accidents and deaths after this until things finally come to head with an ending that surprised me a little bit because it was more involved then I was guessing. I love the sisters as they represent Southern lady style and the pets are just incredible to the point that they may be my favorite characters. I enjoyed the story but I do wish it was a little more fast paced or something similar as parts seem to drag for a little bit. Good for fans of cozy mysteries that have no magic and older main characters. I liked it but did not really like it so it gets 3/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment