Legal Disclosure

Monday, July 31, 2017

The Madness of Mercury by Connie di Marco


The Madness of Mercury (Zodiac Mystery #1)

Book one in the Zodiac Mystery series. Meet Julia Bonatti an astrologist from San Francisco who meets clients in her own apartment and owns a really awesome cat that seems to be quite the character. While this may not sound like a risky or glamorous career you may change your mind after reading about Julia's experiences when she is targeted by what is essentially one of those strange religious cults that wants you to sign over all of you worldly goods and only believe what they tell you to. I admit that this was a different type of investigation than I am used to when it comes to books like this. Instead of a murder with a list or one main suspect we get one event after another that is done by the religious mob that she has to look into. The need to figure out what is going on with this group escalates when a sister of one of her clients joins the group putting herself in danger. The astrology aspect gives a nice fantasy spin to the series though at times the explanations of her readings confused me no matter how hard the author tried to simplify things for the reader. Despite that it is still a really good story that I found myself wrapped up in until I reached the last page. I highly recommend this book to fans of cozy mysteries that have a touch of fantasy, suspense, and an intriguing new way to tell a good tale. I really liked it so it gets 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment