Legal Disclosure

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Now I Rise by Kiersten White


Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga, #2)

Book two in the Conquerors Saga. The first book had quite a bit of action and development so I was really looking forward to this one especially after I saw how fat it was. I was severely disappointed though as this was just one really long whiny cry fest being held by a pair of siblings that both happen to be in love with am an that I think is using both of them. Lada is still trying to secure her place on the Wallachia throne. She is willing to endure all kinds of things to pull this off, but in the end she has to rely on her own instincts while turning against Mehmed. Radu on the other hand stayed with Mehmed as he tried to expand his empire only to be used for his own gains in the end. The games that are being played hurt my head and I think someone needs to take out Mehmed. I was so happy when I hit the last page and the whining and second guessing every decision stopped. I really hope the next book is better than this one. I marked it as 3/5 stars on Goodreads but it is really closer to a 2.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment